Data Interns x 3 (6 Months fixed term contract)
Permanent ☐ Fixed Term ☒ Temporary ☐
Main purpose of the job:
To learn and to contribute to the management, maintenance, and development of the Unit’s data system.
Agincourt- Bushbuckridge (Mpumalanga Province)
23 March 2022
Submit detailed CV to:
Weekend.Khoza@wits.ac.za OR Nadia.Boomgaard@witshealth.co.za
Advert reference number:
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable
applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
The MRC/Wits Agincourt Research Unit (Agincourt) is recruiting data management interns to learn and contribute to the management, maintenance, and development of the Unit’s data system. This system supports an exceptional health and population data resource resulting from years of health and demographic surveillance and intervention studies undertaken with leading international scientists in the Agincourt sub-district, rural north-east South Africa. The successful candidates will join a talented and hardworking team addressing some of the country and region’s most demanding health and development challenges. Work links closely to leading national and regional networks, with ample opportunity for professional development. These positions are based in rural Bushbuckridge, Mpumalanga Province and are available for a period of 6 to 12 months with a possibility of extension depending on performance in the data section.
Key performance areas
· Successful candidates will learn and contribute to the data section of the Unit by engaging in development of data entry tools, quality control, analysis, and data extraction.
Required minimum education and training
Higher Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data analytics, Statistics, Biostatistics OR either Demography, Epidemiology and related discipline.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
· Must have basic knowledge of MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel as well as programming in NET (c#, vb.net) or any other language.
Should you be interested in applying for this vacancy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Weekend.Khoza@wits.ac.za
The subject heading of the email must read AGIN_002_Intern and the job title of position applying for. Please include the following documentation:
· A cover letter (maximum one page) outlining your interest and suitability for the position.
· A detailed CV including three contactable referees.
· Certified qualifications and transcript
· Certified ID copy and driver’s license