DIVISION: Strategy and Business Enablement
DEPARTMENT: Group Security Services
VACANCY: Investigations Officer
SALARY BAND: Hay Level 15
POST STATUS: Permanent Position
NECSA is a State-Owned Company (SOC) in terms of the Companies Act and derives its mandate from the
Nuclear Energy Act of 1999 responsible for undertaking and promoting research and development in the field
of nuclear energy and radiation sciences and for the commercial exploitation of nuclear technology. NECSA
engages in commercial business mainly through its two 100% owned commercial subsidiaries NTP
Radioisotopes (Pty) Ltd. and Pelchem (Pty) Ltd. NTP is responsible for a range of radiation-based products and
services for health care, life sciences and industry, whilst Pelchem supplies fluorine and fluorine-based products.
Further information on NECSA can be obtained from the website www.necsa.co.za.
To conduct investigations into security breaches or any acts or omissions that are contrary to National
Legislations, NECSA Group policies and procedures. Further to investigate any internal or external threat
against Necsa Group as a preventive and retributive method.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Response to and handling of Security breaches or incidents
- Respond promptly to the scene of incident and take accurate and comprehensive statements relating
- Register the incident on a case register and thereafter open of a case file for each reported incident.
- Conduct investigations into allegations of any misconduct and/or irregularities
- Gather information comprehensively using all relevant tools
- Conduct situational analysis, verification and quality check on information
- Follow through to ensure case closure by the relevant parties
- Conduct incident management as per Security Best Practice
- Prepare investigative reports with findings and appropriate recommendation
- Compile Trend Analysis Report of recorded Security incidents
- Lead or provide evidence in relevant forums and Uphold NECSA policies and procedures.
- Provide for effective communication with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that the Vetting & investigation manager is kept informed of all case developments
- Participate in forums where your expertise is required (hearings or court appearances)
- Communicate with relevant law enforcement agencies or stakeholders for coordination of actions to be
taken or cooperation.
- Establish a network with relevant institutions to facilitate investigations and information flow (SAPS,
SSA, DHA, etc)
- Present cases to different levels of management within Necsa Group
- Provide an advisory and consultative role on security related issues/matters affecting the business.
- Management information and risk
- Maintain a database or statistics of all reported breaches and incidents.
- Highlight patterns and recommend corrective or preventative measures
- Make recommendations on policies or procedures to improve assessed vulnerabilities and general
- Compliance with relevant Acts and Security Standards
- Ensure that investigations are guided by the SA legislative and statutory framework.
- Comply with NECSA Group Security best practice, policies, standards, procedures, and reporting lines
- Participate in the Security Services Investigations Committee.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Drivers license code 08
- SA legislative and statutory framework
- Investigation Report writing
- Criminal Law and Labour Relations
- Security Threat and Risk assessment
- Interpersonal skills
- Discussion and negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills
- Interviewing, debriefing and Elicitation.
- Analytical Thinking and Attention to Detail
- Judgement and Decision-Making
- Trust and Credibility (Ethical Behaviour)
- Building Strategic Partnerships / Networking
- Organisational Alertness
- Influencing and Negotiation
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Sensitivity
- Diversity Awareness
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma NQF 6 in Investigations (Policing, Forensic or equivalent)
- Registration with PSIRA Grade A;
- Possession of or willing to be subjected to a Top-Secret Security Clearance
- National Key Point qualification will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 Years experience
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willing to undergo Top Secret Vetting Level
- Be able to work under pressure and be prepared to work irregular hours.
Closing date: 26 April 2023
Ms. Florah Ramothata / Ms. Lufuno Tswidi
Cell: 082 937 9059 (WhatsApp) / Tel 012 305 4281
Building: C2: 2nd floor
Please forward your updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to
Strategy.Business@necsa.co.za Please ensure that you quote the correct Job Reference number on the
subject line of your email application. Applications received with an incorrect Job Reference number shall not be considered, as the automatic sorting system will not be able to recognize them.