Career Opportunities: Receptionist
Requisition ID 2263 – Posted 07/25/2023 Receptionist
|Facilities and Admin Manager
|24 July 2023
|38 Ida Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria
To manage the reception of the SANRAL Northern Region Offices as well as provide a general office administration support services.
Academic Qualifications and Key Role Requirements:
- A Grade 12/Senior Certificate;
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role;
- Experience in managing an electronic switchboard is essential
The successful incumbent will be able to effectively demonstrate these competencies:
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism in written and oral communication and conduct;
- The ability to communicate effectively in the English language;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work in an organized and structured manner.
Receptionist KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance of the office Reception area
- Ensure tidiness of the reception area;
- Ensure professionalism is maintained in conduct and communication;
- Ensure that reception is manned at all times.
- Management of the Switchboard
- Answer incoming calls, direct calls to correct contact person, take and deliver messages when necessary.
- Coordinate Visitors
- Greet guests upon arrival;
- Ensure security process for guests is followed;
- Direct guests to boardrooms or visitors lounge;
- Inform relevant staff member of the guest’s presence.
- Administrative Support and Procurement
- Procurement of office groceries and stationery according to the SCM Policy;
- Travel arrangements for the allocated team.
- Administrative support as may be required by the allocated team or Management.
- Manage the incoming hand deliveries and outgoing collection of documents/parcels by logging them in the logbook and ensure they are signed for.
EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE CHECKS
Employment reference checks are a requirement as part of SANRAL’s recruitment and selection process. In order for SANRAL to conduct these checks a consent form needs to be completed and signed by the applicant. As an applicant of this position, you authorize SANRAL to process all the information provided for the purpose of your application for the position as well as the verification and record keeping of such credentials.
Please note that this is a confidential document and is intended for internal use by SANRAL’s Human resources department only.
Appointments will be made in accordance with SANRAL’s Employment Equity plan.
SANRAL reserves the right not to fill any position.
Closing date for applications: 7th August 2023
Please note that further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.