Cook I – Nutritional Services Department
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: COOKI265416
Are you passionate about cooking and providing nutritious meals? Oro Valley Hospital is seeking a skilled Cook I to join their Nutritional Services department in a full-time position. As a Cook I, your primary responsibility will be to prepare and serve high-quality, nutritious meals to patients, staff, physicians, and visitors in a safe and sanitary manner. You will handle all hot prep and cooking tasks for the department.
- Prepare and serve high-quality nutritious meals in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Handle all hot prep and cooking for the Nutritional Services department.
Position Qualifications/Minimum Requirements:
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience: One (1) year experience in institutional food preparation preferred.
- Knowledge of various cooking methods and procedures.
- Prioritization and planning skills in a high-volume environment.
- Effective communication and service skills.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Process improvement oriented.
- Self-initiative to assist with whatever is needed.
- Licenses/Certifications: Current Health Department Sanitation Certificate or Serve Safe Certificate from an Arizona county or Food Handler Certificate is required.
About Oro Valley Hospital:
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a 177-bed hospital with a freestanding emergency center and a large physician group. As an employee of OVH, you will have the opportunity to work in different settings, providing quality care to patients. The hospital’s culture emphasizes teamwork, commitment to shared goals, and recognition for employee contributions. The Joint Commission accredits OVH, and OVH promotes diversity and inclusivity as an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for the Cook I position, please click on the link below. You will be redirected to our corporate careers page, where you can submit your application. We are excited to hear from you and welcome you to join our team! Okay.