POST 31/84 : REGISTRY CLERK (X 2 POSTS)
SALARY : R202 233 per annum
CENTRE : Pretoria
- A grade 12 or equivalent.
- No experience required.
- Knowledge of registry duties and practices as well as the ability to capture data and operate a computer.
Working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the public service.
- Knowledge of storage and retrieval procedures in terms of the working environment.
- Understanding of registry work.
- Planning and organizing, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must be flexible and have job knowledge.
REGISTRY CLERK DUTIES :
- Provide registry counter services by attending to clients, handling telephonic and other enquiries received, and receiving and registering hand-delivered post/files.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, receiving, sorting, registering and dispatching all post. Render an effective filing and record management service by allocating reference numbers, opening and closing files according to the record classification system, filing/storage, tracing (electronically/manually) and retrieving records and files, and completing index cards for all files.
- Operate office equipment in relation to the registry function, including updating and maintaining the franking machine register, franking mail, recording postage amounts and updating register on a daily basis.
Undertake spot checks on post to ensure no private correspondence is included, lock post in postbags for messengers to deliver to the Post Office, provide courier services administration, package parcels/consignments, complete waybills, send emails to service providers for the collection of
parcels/consignments, track consignments and file waybills.
- Process records for archiving and/or disposal, sort and package files for archiving, compile lists
of records to be archived and submit to the supervisor.
ENQUIRIES : Pulane Selomo, Tel. 012 843 6645
APPLICATIONS : Applications must be emailed to RC@dst.gov.za
CLOSING DATE : 15 September 2023
Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be accompanied by a fully completed and signed new Z83 form and up-to-date curriculum vitae only (including three contactable referees). Each application for employment form must be fully completed, duly signed, dated, and initialed by the applicant. Failure to do so will result in your application not being considered. No copies/attachments/proof of application, only Z83 and CV. Human Resources will request certified documents from shortlisted candidates on or before the day of the interview. A new application for employment form (Z83) became effective as of 1 January 2021. Individuals applying for a post must submit the new application form, which can be downloaded at