WAREHOUSE PICKER/PACKER (AKASIA)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the following election related temporary positions in the administration of the Electoral Commission, a state institution established by Chapter 9 of the Constitution.
WAREHOUSE PICKER/PACKER (AKASIA)
[For a total period(s) not exceeding 55 days in total from October 2023 up to and not beyond 30 June 2024]
Remuneration – Inclusive daily rate of R370.00, subject to statutory deductions as required by legislation (i.e. PAYE and UIF)
Job Purpose: The main responsibility of the Picker(s)/Packer(s) is to assist the local office with the supervised material and stock handling and will perform his/her duties subject to the direct control and discipline of the the Provincial Electoral Officer or his/her delegate.
Minimum Requirements: Must be a SA citizen and registered voter; must have some warehousing and material handling work experience or previous Picker(s)/Packer(s) experience.
- Must reside or be familiar with the municipality and ward and/or municipality for which he/she is applying
- Problem solving attributes will be advantageous
- Must not hold any political position or be involved in any political parties’ campaigns
- Must have a valid bank account and tax reference number
- Must be proficient in the relevant local language of the municipality and ward and/or municipality for which he/she is applying,
- Must have own mode of transport
- Must be able to count efficiently and correctly
No person shall be appointed who:
- is under the age of 18 years
- is not a registered voter
- is not a South African citizen
- has a criminal record, without consulting the Chief Electoral Officer;
- is or has been a candidate in an election for the National Assembly, a provincial legislature or a municipal council in the last five years;
- has been an office bearer of a political party in the last five (5) years
- has been an office bearer of any other organisation or entity that has party political aims during the last five years;
- is related to an employee of the Electoral Commission in that specific municipality without the approval of the PEOs
The above position is on a temporary basis for different periods in accordance with business requirements. The Electoral Commission will assess applications as per documentation submitted and contact only the successful candidates. The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the positions after advertising it. Applicants for all of the above positions should not have a high party political profile. Applications must in all circumstances be marked with the relevant municipality and ward and/ or municipality number and be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as certified copies of driver’s license and identity documents.
if not contacted by 15 September 2023 must consider their applications as not being successful”.
WAREHOUSE PICKER/PACKER Recommended shortlisting questions:
- Are you a South African Citizen who is older than 18 years?
- Are you a registered voter?
- Do you have material handling work experience or previous Picker(s)/Packer(s) experience?
- Are you familiar with the municipality and ward and/or municipality for which you are applying?
- You reside/live in the municipality in which you are applying for?
- Do you have a valid bank account and tax reference number?
- Do you have a criminal record?
- Are you related to anybody in the IEC?