Position: Administrative Assistant
Reference Number: DT 40/2023
Salary: R241,485 per annum (Level 06)
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent qualifications from a training course.
- 1-2 years of experience in an Administrative Environment.
- Proficient telephone etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic written communication skills.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
- Language skills and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at different levels and from diverse backgrounds.
Administrative Assistant Duties:
- Prepare and maintain the year plan or calendar for the Chief Directorate.
- Organize logistical arrangements for directorate’s meetings, events, and workshops, including venues, equipment, and refreshments.
- Process order forms/order numbers for workshops, catering, conferences, and departmental entertainment.
- Administer safekeeping of delivered and received goods.
- Receive clients from reception and direct them to the relevant boardroom, venue, or office.
- Make bookings for flights, accommodation, and car rental following departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and process travel documents.
- Bind documents for management meetings.
- Provide administrative support.
- Administer telephone accounts, salary slips, sundry payments, mail register, and the receipt and registration of documents.
- Keep and maintain leave records, asset registers, and procure assets/equipment.
- Manage boardrooms (where relevant).
- Handle general phone lines and mail delivery.
- Compile quarterly delegation reports on all approvals made by Directors.
- Manage printer contracts (where relevant).
- Compile stakeholder contact lists for the Director.
- Process claims, including S&T, cellphone claims, and ADSL claims, and submit them for approval and forwarding to finance for payment.
- Follow up with finance on payments.
- Manage petty cash in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Process all invoices and ensure proper record-keeping of expenditure documents.
- Procure standard items like stationery and refreshments.
- Liaise with supply chain for procurement of goods and services.
- Manage document management, including receiving, recording, and distributing incoming and outgoing documents.
- Ensure safekeeping of information, documents, order forms, and invoices.
- Track hardcopy documents for the Manager.
- Record and circulate documents relevant to the manager.
- Properly follow up on outstanding tasks.
- Adhere to the record management policy and procedure manual.
- Comply with the record disposal system.
- Compile and update the delegation register.
- File, store, retrieve, and secure files/documents in line with the Departmental Central Filing system/requirements.
- Maintain records of all files, documents, and provide original/copy to the registry.
- Update the filing system regularly.
Enquiries: Ms. E. Moswete
Tel No: (012) 444 6519
EE Requirements: Preference will be given to Coloured Male and White Male Candidates.
. For more details on the pre-entry course visit:
applying for this post, you are consenting to the Department of Tourism processing
your personal information subject to POPIA.