Position: Electrician (Grading C2)
- Trade Test preferably Section 13 or Section 26(D).
- Proficiency in English and any of the 11 official languages.
- Ability to work flexible hours and perform standby duties.
- 2-3 years post-qualification experience, with experience in a Trackless Mine being advantageous.
- Independent judgment, initiative, technical skills, and communication skills are required.
- Excellent knowledge of underground electrical installations and distribution.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical voltages and lock-out procedures.
- South African Driver’s license (Code 8-10) is essential.
- South African Citizenship.
- Clear Criminal Record.
Electrician (Grading C2) Responsibilities:
- Provide functional support, quality control, and best practices within the Engineering section.
- Utilize specialized knowledge to analyze and solve complex electrical problems.
- Perform effective routine maintenance in electrical, planning, and project organization.
- Troubleshoot and conduct detailed fault analysis.
- Ability to create rough sketches, pre-plan, estimate costs, and report to the supervisor.
- Perform preventive and scheduled maintenance on switchgears, transformers, and electrical cables.
- Manage and maintain the area of responsibility in accordance with prescribed standard procedures, specifications, and practices.
- Adhere to MHSA standards and Gold1’s safety motto: “Nothing is so important that it cannot be done safely.”
- Submit applications with Reference No GED03-09-23 clearly quoted on your application or in the subject of email applications.
- No applications will be received by HR Officers in person.
- Internal application forms are available at the Time and Attendance office or directly from the Recruitment offices.
- Applications without a reference number will not be processed.
- Advertisements are also placed on their Facebook page – visit “Boots & Haul.”
- Manual applications can be posted in the designated application boxes outside the HR Offices and Security Offices.
- Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX: 086 459 5510
Prospective applicants should ensure that they meet the specified requirements and follow the application instructions carefully.
Please note that Gold One does not at any time require any form of payment for
recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the