INTERNSHIP: TRAFFIC OFFICER
The Midvaal Local Municipality is inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy:
“We invite suitable candidates to apply for the advertised vacancy: INTERNSHIP: TRAFFIC OFFICER in the PUBLIC SAFETY & ROADS SERVICES department (REFERENCE: MN 3581/23). This opportunity is open to both internal and external candidates, offering a salary of R6,862.00 per month (R82,354.00 per annum) for a 3-year contract.
The Traffic Internship Programme is intended for unemployed youth who have completed a learnership program and have obtained a Traffic Diploma from South African Traffic College, Metropolitan Police Department College, or accredited Traffic Colleges as determined by the Road Traffic Management Corporation Act.
- Grade 12.
- Basic Training Traffic Diploma.
- Registered Certificate as a Traffic Officer issued by the User Department of Roads & Transport.
- Valid Driver’s License Code B.
- No Criminal Record.
- Computer Literate (MSWord, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Excellent physical health.
- Age between 18 years to 35 years.
- Be able to work shifts.
- Skills and competencies associated with vocation: adaptability, analytical thinking, empowerment, communication, leadership skills, presentation skills, conflict and stress management skills, negotiation skills.
- A professional, hardworking, highly motivated, and self-disciplined person with good organizational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- 0-1 year of experience within a Local Government Authority as a Traffic Law Enforcement Officer.
INTERNSHIP: TRAFFIC OFFICER Duties:
- Traffic Points Control, Escorts, and Scholar Patrol.
- Undertake general traffic and road management tasks.
- Investigate collisions and enforce NRTA Compliance.
- Attend to traffic-related complaints.
- Speed prosecution, Enforcement of Section 56 Notice, 341 and 54 By-Laws.
- Monitoring Council policies and ensuring compliance.
- Maintain Law Order.
- Ensure effective service delivery and compliance with Municipality By-Laws.
- Perform any other related ad hoc tasks as instructed by management from time to time.
Successful candidates will undergo:
- Physical and competency assessment.
- Driving assessment.
- Point duty assessment.
Candidates will be subjected to the following:
- Fitness Evaluations.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Psychometric Test.
- Medical Check.
- Driving assessment.
CLOSING DATE: September 22, 2023, at 12:00.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Please note that the municipality does not reimburse costs for traveling to and from the interview or any assessments related to the recruitment process for candidates traveling over 400km.
Midvaal Local Municipality is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is committed to the achievement and maintenance of representativeness (race, gender, disability). Candidates whose appointment will promote representativeness will be given preference.
Candidates wishing to apply for this vacancy can do so via the Midvaal Local Municipality website at www.midvaal.gov.za. For any queries, kindly contact Human Resources at (016) 360-7435.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to background screening checks (verification of qualifications, criminal record checks, and security vetting). Candidates with foreign qualifications must submit a letter from SAQA stating the equivalence of the qualifications.
Midvaal Local Municipality values privacy in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA)), which is effective from 1 July 2021. Personal information will not be disclosed to any third party unless otherwise prescribed in the Act, following due process(es).
Due to the large number of applications we envisage to receive, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within three (3) months, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
NB: THE COUNCIL RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO THE ABOVE POSITION/S.