POST 34/116: SUPERVISOR – CLEANING SERVICES (X2 POSTS)
Re-advertisement: Previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
SALARY: R171,537 per annum
CENTRE: Cape Town Regional Office
- Mitchells Plain Court Ref No: 2023/405 A (X1 Post)
- Oudtshoorn Ref No: 2023/405 B (X1 Post)
- Applicants must have a Standard 8/ Grade 10 or equivalent qualification and minimum relevant experience.
- Good interpersonal, effective communication, and numeracy skills.
- Ability to perform routine tasks and work with staff at various levels.
- Knowledge of the usage of cleaning materials and equipment will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to adapt work schedules in accordance with office requirements.
SUPERVISOR CLEANING SERVICES DUTIES:
- Manage and supervise cleaning staff and assist with day-to-day cleaning tasks.
- Manage and control equipment and materials.
- Supervise the provisioning of housekeeping, cleaning, safeguarding, and maintenance services.
- Perform administrative functions associated with housekeeping and cleaning services.
- Monitor compliance to ensure that all instructions related to the utilization and storage of materials and equipment are upheld.
- Conduct physical inspections of cleaned areas.
- Review employees’ performance.
- Monitor the condition and availability of equipment.
- Ensure the inspection of logistics and the physical environment to maintain a clean environment in adherence to Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) standards.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. Dorian Lewin Tel No: (021) 402 2140
Cape Town Regional Office: The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000.
Or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Customs House, Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town.
FOR ATTENTION: Ms. C Rossouw
CLOSING DATE: 13 October 2023 at 16H00
With effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form, and the Z83 form must be signed when submitted, as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified.
Regarding the completion of the new Z83 form:
- Part A and B must be fully filled.
- Part C on the method of correspondence and contact details must be fully filled.
- Two questions relating to conditions that prevent reappointment under Part F must be fully answered.
- Page 1 must be initialed; failure to comply with the above will result in disqualification.
- Advertisement and accompanying notes must clearly capture the requirements for certification, emphasizing that applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents upon application.
- Applicants must submit the Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV). Communication from HR regarding the requirement for certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates for a post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR.
- The application for employment Form (Z83) provides under the section “additional information” that candidates selected for interviews will be requested to furnish additional certified information that may be requested to make the final decision.
- Certification confirms a document as a true copy of the original presented and does not validate the authenticity of the original document.
- Regulation 67 (9) requires the executive authority to ensure full satisfaction of the claims being made, which is verified through Personnel Suitability Checks.
- Applications not complying with the above will be disqualified.