Security Officer vacancy
Position: Security Officer
Reference Number: 2023/332/OCJ
Salary: R147,036 – R170,598 per annum
Location: Gauteng Division of The High Court: Pretoria
- Matric Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) at NQF level 4
- South African Citizenship
- Registration with PSIRA
- Grade C security certificate
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience
- No criminal record or pending cases
- Not declared unfit to possess a firearm
- Various skills and competencies including good communication, problem-solving, interpersonal relations, team building, analytical thinking, computer literacy, and planning/organizing/controlling skills.
Security Officer vacancy Duties Include:
- Checking parcels and equipment leaving the building
- Monitoring security cameras and alerting management to risks
- Ensuring compliance by outsourced security services
- Registering employees, visitors, and contractors
- Patrolling buildings and fenced-off areas
- Guarding vehicles and equipment
- Safekeeping of office/storeroom keys
- Authorizing entry into the premises
- Reporting deficiencies or security problems
- Performing other duties assigned by the Supervisor/Court Manager.
Enquiries: For technical or HR-related enquiries, you can contact Ms. T Mbalekwa at Tel No: (010) 494 8515.
This passage outlines important information regarding the application process for the Security Officer position at the Office of the Chief Justice. Here is a summarized and paraphrased version for clarity:
Security Officer vacancy Application Process:
- Applications must be submitted on a NEW Z83 form, available on the official websites or Public Service Departments.
- Each application must be fully completed, signed, and initialed.
- Applications should include a comprehensive CV and contactable referees.
- The organization will require only shortlisted candidates to submit certified copies of qualifications and related documents.
- Applications must specify the correct job title, office location, and reference number from the advertisement.
- Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
- Dual citizenship holders need to provide a Police Clearance certificate from their country of origin when shortlisted.
- Non-South African citizens must provide proof of South African permanent residence when shortlisted.
- Applications not meeting the specified requirements will not be considered.
- The department does not accept fax or email applications.
- Failure to submit all requested documents will result in the application being disqualified during the selection process.
Selection Process and Requirements:
- Suitable candidates will undergo personnel suitability checks, including criminal record, financial checks, qualification verification, citizenship checks, reference checks, and employment verification.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
- If not contacted within three months after the closing date, consider the application unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the advertised post(s).
- Successful candidates must enter into an employment contract and a performance agreement within three months of appointment.
- A security clearance will be required three months after appointments.
Protection of Personal Information:
- The Office of the Chief Justice complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA).
- The organization will use personal information for recruitment purposes only and will safeguard it for internal audit purposes if the application is unsuccessful.
- Failing to provide requested information during the recruitment process is mandatory, and such failure will result in voiding the application.