Position: Court Interpreter
Reference Number: 23/48/FS (Re-advertisement)
Salary: R202,233 – R235,611 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
Center: Magistrate’s Office, Vrede (To be stationed in Harrismith)
- NQF level 4/Grade 12
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in one or more indigenous languages
- Three months of practical experience (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license (preferred)
- Knowledge of legislation governing transparency and confidentiality in the Public Service (Act 2 of 2000) as amended
- Adherence to Batho-Pele principles
- Language Proficiency for Vrede: English, Sesotho, and Zulu
- Skills and Competencies: Communication (verbal and written), listening, interpersonal relations, computer literacy (MS Word), planning and organizing, problem-solving, analytical thinking, time management, ability to work under pressure
- Render interpreting services
- Translate legal documents and exhibits
- Assist with the reconstruction of court records
- Provide administrative support functions
Ms. NM Dywili
Tel No: (051) 407 1800
Please direct your applications to:
The Director: HR
Private Bag X20578
Or hand-deliver to:
Physical Address 53 Colonial Building, Charlotte Maxeke Street, BLOEMFONTEIN, 9301
This is a re-advertisement, and previous applicants are encouraged to re-apply.
closing date of 18 September 2023. If you’re interested, you can apply by following the instructions below:
- Submit your application for employment to the specified address in each post.
- Your application must include a completed and signed new Form Z83, which you can get from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za.
- Attach a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Make sure to include certified copies of your Identity Document, Senior Certificate, and the highest required qualification.
- If necessary, provide a driver’s license.
- Shortlisted candidates should submit these documents to HR on or before the interview date.
- Foreign qualifications require a SAQA evaluation report.
- For SMS posts, candidates will undergo a technical and competency assessment.
- A pre-entry certificate from the National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS positions.
- Be prepared to complete a financial disclosure form and undergo a security clearance.
- If you have foreign citizenship or dual citizenship, provide a Police Clearance certificate from your country of origin when shortlisted.
- The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development is an equal opportunity employer.
- Considerations will be made based on the Constitution of South Africa, the Employment Equity Act, and relevant Human Resources policies.
- Reasonable accommodation is available for People with Disabilities, including cases where a driver’s license is required.
- Please note that correspondence will only be with shortlisted candidates.
- If you don’t receive a response within 3 months of this advertisement, consider your application unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to fill these positions.
- Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and preference will be given to the EE Target.
Good luck with your job search! feel free to ask If you have any questions or need more information.