Registry Clerk (X 2 Posts)
Position: Registry Clerk (X 2 Posts)
Salary: R202,233 per annum
- A grade 12 certificate or its equivalent.
- No prior experience is required.
- Knowledge of registry duties and practices.
- Ability to capture data and operate a computer.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the public service.
- Knowledge of storage and retrieval procedures in the working environment.
- Understanding of registry work.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility and job knowledge.
- Provide registry counter services, including attending to clients, handling inquiries (phone and in-person), and receiving and registering hand-delivered posts/files.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence, which involves receiving, sorting, registering, and dispatching all posts.
- Maintain an effective filing and record management system, including allocating reference numbers, opening and closing files, filing and storage, tracing records, and retrieving files.
- Operate office equipment related to the registry function, such as the franking machine, and maintain records.
- Conduct spot checks on post to ensure no private correspondence is included.
- Provide courier services administration, including packaging parcels/consignments, completing waybills, and tracking consignments.
- Process records for archiving and/or disposal, sorting and packaging files for archiving, and compiling lists of records to be archived.
Tel: 012 843 6645
You can apply for this position by emailing your application to RC@dst.gov.za
closing date of 15 September 2023. Please note the following important information for your application:
- Applications should include a fully completed and signed new Z83 form.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) should also be included, along with three contactable referees.
- Ensure that each application for employment form (Z83) is fully completed, duly signed, dated, and initialed by you. Failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
- Do not include copies, attachments, or proof of application; only submit the Z83 form and CV.
- Certified documents will be requested from shortlisted candidates on or before the day of the interview. You don’t need to submit them with your initial application.
- Please use the new application form (Z83) effective as of 1 January 2021, which can be downloaded at http://www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/vacancies.asp. Applications submitted on old forms will not be considered.
- Applications must be emailed to the specific email address provided for the particular post.
- Combine your application documents into one file.
Personal Suitability Checks:
Shortlisted candidates will undergo personal suitability checks, including a criminal record check, citizenship verification, previous employment verification, verification of qualifications, and creditworthiness.
Verification of Foreign Qualifications:
If you have foreign qualifications, it’s your responsibility to have them verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Response and Interviews:
The department will respond only to shortlisted candidates and will schedule interviews on specified dates and times.
Department’s Right to Appointments:
Please note that the department reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Make sure to follow these instructions carefully to ensure your application is considered. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Good luck with your application!