Job Advertisement: Registry Clerk (REF NO: 3/2/1/2023/639)
Salary: R202,233 per annum (Level 05)
Centre: Gauteng (Pretoria), South Africa
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Knowledge of registry duties, practices, and data capture
- Ability to operate a computer
- Understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service
- Knowledge of storage and retrieval procedures
- Understanding of registry work
- Planning and organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Language skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal relations
- Flexibility and the ability to work within a team
Registry Clerk Duties:
- Provide registry counter services, attend to clients, and handle inquiries
- Receive and register hand-delivered mail/files
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Receive, sort, register, and dispatch all mail
- Distribute notices on registry matters
- Maintain effective filing and record management services, including file opening and closing based on a record classification system
- Perform filing, storage, tracing (electronically or manually), and retrieval of documents and files
- Complete index cards for all files
- Operate office machines related to the registry function
- Maintain and operate the Franking machine register
- Undertake spot checks on posts to ensure no private post is included
- Process documents for archiving and disposal, including electronic scanning of files
- Sort and package files for archives and distribution
- Compile lists of documents to be archived and keep records for archived documents
Ms. L Maphutha
Tel No: (012) 312 9425
contact Ms. L Maphutha for any inquiries. African, Coloured, Indian, and White Males and Indian Females, as well as Persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: October 13, 2023, at 16:00
Important Application Information:
- The application must include a completed and signed new Z83 Form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) website at this link.
- Submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the application.
- Certified copies of your Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate, and the required qualifications should only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of your application.
- Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). It is your responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and provide proof of the evaluation report when shortlisted.
- Ensure that you submit your application before the closing date, as late applications will not be considered.
- If you apply for more than one post, please submit separate applications for each post you apply for.
- Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, acknowledgments will not be sent.
- If you do not receive a response within 3 months of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- In the event of a moratorium or other factors affecting recruitment, the Department reserves the right to cancel the process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.