Job Advertisement: Secretary (REF NO: 3/2/1/2023/635)
Salary: R202,233 per annum (Level 05)
Centre: Directorate: Strategic Institutional Partnerships: Gauteng (Pretoria), South Africa
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Good telephone etiquette
- Strong organizational skills
- Language skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people from various backgrounds
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to act with tact and discretion
- Good presentation skills
- Provide secretarial and receptionist support to the Director
- Handle telephone calls and direct them to the appropriate individuals
- Schedule appointments and maintain the diary
- Type documents for the senior manager and other unit staff
- Operate office equipment, such as fax machines and photocopiers
- Offer clerical support to the senior manager
- Coordinate travel arrangements by liaising with travel agencies
- Arrange meetings and events, including venue selection and organization
- Process travel and subsistence claims for the unit
- Manage invoices related to the senior manager’s activities
- Record basic meeting minutes when necessary
- Draft routine correspondence and reports
- Maintain document filing for the senior manager and the unit
- Administer tasks like leave registers and telephonic accounts
- Receive, record, and distribute incoming and outgoing documents
- Handle procurement of standard items like stationery and refreshments
- Collect relevant documents for the Director’s meeting preparations
- Stay updated on relevant policies and procedures to provide efficient support to the senior manager
- Ensure a good understanding and application of Public Service and departmental policies and procedures
Ms. G Mosito
Tel No: (012) 312 8268
contact Ms. G Mosito for any inquiries.
Closing Date: October 13, 2023, at 16:00
Important Application Information:
- The application must include a completed and signed new Z83 Form, available from any Public Service Department or on the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) website at this link.
- Submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the application.
- Certified copies of your Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate, and the required qualifications should only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of your application.
- Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). It is your responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and provide proof of the evaluation report when shortlisted.
- Ensure that you submit your application before the closing date, as late applications will not be considered.
- If you apply for more than one post, please submit separate applications for each post you apply for.
- Due to the anticipated high volume of applications, acknowledgments will not be sent.
- If you do not receive a response within 3 months of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
- In the event of a moratorium or other factors affecting recruitment, the Department reserves the right to cancel the process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.