Job Advertisement: Security Officer (REF NO: 2023/332/OCJ)
Salary: R147,036 – R170,598 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
Centre: Gauteng Division of The High Court: Pretoria, South Africa
- Matric Certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) recorded on the National Learner Record Database at NQF level 4
- South African Citizenship
- Registration with the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA)
- At least a Grade C security certificate
- No criminal record or pending criminal/departmental cases
- Not declared unfit to possess a firearm
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Interpersonal relations
- People management skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Computer literacy
- Planning, organizing, and controlling skills
- Check parcels and equipment leaving the building to ensure they have an authorized removal letter
- Monitor security cameras and alert management to any security risks
- Ensure compliance by outsourced security services in terms of postings, security equipment, and security compliance as per the SLA
- Register employees, visitors, and contractors, electronically search them
- Patrol buildings and fenced-off areas
- Guard vehicles and equipment
- Safeguard office/storeroom keys and report any losses, damages, or theft
- Authorize entry into the premises for employees
- Report any security deficiencies or problems to senior security personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Court Manager
- Technical-related/HR-related Enquiries: Ms. T Mbalekwa
- Tel No: (010) 494 8515
contact Ms. T Mbalekwa for any inquiries.
Please follow these instructions for submitting your application:
- For the National Office in Midrand:
- Quote the relevant reference number.
- Direct your application to The Director: Human Resources, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X10, Marshalltown, 2107.
- Alternatively, you can hand-deliver applications to the Office of the Chief Justice, Human Resource Management, 188, 14th Road, Noordwyk, Midrand, 1685.
- For the Gauteng Division of the High Court in Pretoria:
- Quote the relevant reference number.
- Direct your application to The Provincial Head, Office of the Chief Justice, Private Bag X7, Johannesburg, 2000.
- Applications can also be hand-delivered to the 12th floor, Cnr Pritchard and Kruis Street, Johannesburg.
Closing Date: October 16, 2023
- All applications must be submitted on a NEW Z83 form, which can be downloaded from the judiciary.org.za website or dpsa.gov.za or obtained from any Public Service Department.
- Applications should be accompanied by a recent comprehensive CV with contactable referees (telephone numbers and email addresses).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources.
- Each application form must be fully completed, duly signed, and initialed by the applicant. The application must indicate the correct job title, the office where the position is advertised, and the reference number as stated in the advert. Failure to complete, sign, and initial the application form will lead to disqualification during the selection process.
- Applications on the old Z83 form will not be considered.
- If you possess foreign qualifications, they must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Dual citizenship holders must provide a Police Clearance certificate from their country of origin when shortlisted. All non-South African citizens will be required to submit a copy of proof of South African permanent residence when shortlisted.