Driver / Messenger position
Job Vacancy: Driver / Messenger (REF NO: 3/2/1/2023/646)
Salary: R171,537 per annum (Level 04)
Centre: Free State (Lejweleputwa / Fezile Dabi District)
- Grade 10 Certificate or Adult Basic Education and Training (ABET) qualification
- Valid driver’s license
- Minimum of 7 months of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the city(ies) in which the function will be performed
- Organizing skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic literacy
- A reliable and creative individual who is prepared to work under pressure and as part of a team
Driver / Messenger position Duties:
- Drive light and medium vehicles to transport passengers and deliver other items (mail, documents, office equipment)
- Collect, distribute, and control the movement of documents
- Perform routine maintenance on the allocated vehicle and report defects promptly
- Conduct daily pre and post-trip vehicle inspections to ensure the vehicle is always in the best condition
- Complete all required and prescribed records and logbooks related to the vehicle and the goods handled
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date schedule trip sheets, including log official trips and daily mileage
- Collect and deliver documentation and related items within the Departmental / Branch / College or to any other component within the Department and related external parties
- Ensure proper and secure control over the movement of documents
- Assist in registry functions, including filing incoming correspondence and helping to trace files, as well as copying and faxing documents
Inquiries: Mr. M Moalahi, Tel No: (057) 357 1734
Driver / Messenger position Applications:
- Applications can be submitted by post to: Private Bag X20803, Bloemfontein, 9300.
- Alternatively, hand-deliver applications during office hours to 136 Charlotte Maxeke Street, Bloemfontein, 9300.
Note: African, Indian, and White Males, as well as African, Coloured, Indian, and White Females, and Persons with Disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: October 20, 2023 at 16:00
- The application must include only a completed and signed new Z83 Form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) website at this link.
- You should also include a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of your Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate, and the required qualifications, as well as a driver’s license where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date. Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified.
- If you have foreign qualifications, they must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). It is your responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report (only when shortlisted).
- Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date, as no late applications will be considered.
- If you apply for more than one post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for.
- Due to the large number of applications expected, applications will not be acknowledged.
- If you are not contacted within 3 months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.