Post: 36/19 : REGISTRARS CLERK
Reference Number: 2023/347/OCJ
Salary: R202,233 – R235,611 per annum. The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
Centre: KwaZulu Natal Division of The High Court: Durban
- Matric Certificate.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience in Clerical/administration functions will be an added advantage.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Good administration and organizational skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
REGISTRARS CLERK Duties:
- Render efficient and effective support services to the court.
- Assist the Registrar with the compilation of Court rolls (Opposed Motion and Trails Rolls).
- Allocation of dates in a court for the various roles.
- Checking court files for compliance with the Practice Directive before dates are allocated.
- Accepting filing for the matters on the roll and attending to the filing in court files.
- Assisting litigants and in-person litigants with drawing their files under the court rolls dates for perusal and indexing prior to closing the roll.
- Advising and guiding litigants on the process of obtaining dates on the rolls.
- Closing and publishing of the court roll.
- Facilitating and processing requests for preference via the Judge President’s Office.
- Coordinating the diary with respect to the various roles with the JP’s office to ensure that there are sufficient Judges/Courts.
- Updating spreadsheets and collating statistics.
- Technical Enquiries: Mrs K Marais, Tel No: (031) 492 5562
- HR Enquiries: Ms SZ Mvuyana, Tel No: (031) 493 1723.
Closing Date: 20 October 2023
- All applications must be submitted on a NEW Z83 form, which can be downloaded on the internet at www.judiciary.org.za or www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/vacancies.asp or obtainable from any Public Service Department.
- Applications should be accompanied by a recent comprehensive CV only, with contactable referees (telephone numbers and email addresses must be indicated).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from Human Resources.