Admin Officer with a focus on Geographical Information Systems (GIS) support. The job details are as follows:
Position: Admin Officer: IAR GIS (GIS Support)
Reference Number: 2023/320
Salary: R294,321 per annum
Centre: Head Office (Pretoria)
- A three-year tertiary qualification (NQF Level 6) in Geographical Information Systems, Geo-Informatics, Geography, Science, or Asset Management.
- Relevant experience in GIS, Asset, and Property Management.
- Experience in State Land administration and verification of immovable assets (land and buildings) is advantageous.
- Computer literacy.
- Technical GIS and IT skills are mandatory.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and be deadline-driven.
Admin Officer Duties:
- Geographical referencing of administrative geographical data.
- Analysis, geocoding, and editing of land and buildings information.
- Maintenance of GIS databases and utilization of GIS software for analyzing spatial and non-spatial information.
- Investigation, localization, and spatial linking of cadastral data to the IAR (Integrated Asset Register).
- Digitization of building footprints, measuring extents, creating virtual sites, and merging properties using Quantum Geographic Information Systems (QGIS) to support the physical verification process.
- Conversion of various data formats into GIS database format, including text or spreadsheet files with latitude and longitude coordinates, aerial or satellite imagery, and manual digitizing of map images.
- Researching and documenting suitable GIS concepts to enhance workflows.
- Providing support to field workers with physical verification queries and challenges for fieldwork purposes.
Enquiries: Mr. M.T. Chauke Tel No: (012) 406 1144
Applications: Head Office Applications: The Director-General, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X65, Pretoria, 0001 or CGO Building, Corner Bosman and Madiba Street, Pretoria.
For Attention: Ms NP Mudau
If you’re interested in this position, ensure that you meet the qualifications and requirements outlined in the advertisement. You can submit your application as directed, and if you have any questions, you may contact Mr. M.T. Chauke for more information.