Administration Officer (Risk) – Ref No: TMRH/RISK/2023/08/07 (1 Post)
Directorate: Finance/ Human Resources
SALARY: R294,321 – R343,815 per annum (plus benefits)
CENTRE: Thelle Mogoerane Regional Hospital
Administration Officer (Risk) REQUIREMENTS:
- Grade 12.
- National Diploma/Degree in Internal Auditing, Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Public Finance Management Act, Public Service Act, Public Finance Management Act, etc., and other regulations governing Human Resource Management in the Public Service.
- Familiarity with Treasury Regulations, Treasury Practices Notes, and Supply Chain Management.
- Good grasp of PSCBC resolutions.
- Knowledge of auditing standards.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook).
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal relations skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Capability to interact at a strategic level and implement turnaround strategies.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance in Public Health.
- Familiarity with the Batho Pele Principles.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team.
- Effective organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Capacity to communicate effectively with individuals at various organizational levels.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Discretion and tact in handling tasks of a multidisciplinary nature.
- Coordinate and facilitate both External and Internal Audit processes.
- Track, update, and monitor audit action plans.
- Develop or update the annual Risk Register for the institution.
- Coordinate the compilation of risk registers per unit.
- Schedule meetings.
- Conduct regular internal control assessments across all units.
- Assist in strengthening risk activities and compliance with regulations.
- Consolidate quarterly key control assessments in all units and report to management.
- Enhance institutional administrative capacity by providing information, guidance, assistance, and training on internal control.
- Maintain filing and record-keeping of all audit-related documents.
- Assist management in preparing for Audit Committee Meetings.
- Assist in the development of SOPs as required.
- Execute tasks with analytical and innovative approaches.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Implement loss control measures.
- Support management in reviewing administrative procedures, internal controls, and findings from internal Audit and Auditor General, ensuring prompt corrective measures.
- Provide regular reports to Executive Management and Provincial Office.
- Promote all risk-related activities within the Hospital.
- Participate in meetings, continuous training, and development programs as approved by the Supervisor.
- Adhere to the Performance Management and Development System, including contracting, quarterly reviews, and final assessment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
ENQUIRIES: MR. J. Kubheka Tel No: (011) 897 7306
- Address: Thelle Mogoerane Regional Hospital, 12390 Nguza Street, ext. 14, Vosloorus, 1475.
- Applications must be submitted on the New Z83 form.
- The application form is obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents.
- The new Z83 must be fully completed, initialled, and signed on the New Z83 application form.
- Specify “Department of Health (Thelle Mogoerane Regional Hospital)” where the position was advertised.
- According to Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications, service certificates, and other documents with the application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of qualifications, service certificates, and other relevant documents.
- Candidates with foreign qualifications must provide an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) including verification of references will be conducted.
- Failure to provide all required information may result in disqualification.
- If not contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, consider the application unsuccessful.
- The recommended candidate may undergo medical surveillance as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 5/1993.
- Candidates must be available for selection interviews as determined by the Department.
- TMRH reserves the right to use practical exercises/tests for non-SMS positions during the recruitment process.
- The Department reserves the right not to fill the post.
- The Gauteng Department of Health follows Employment Equity principles.
- Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Please note: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts.
CLOSING DATE: 15 September 2023.