POST 31/81 : DRIVER OPERATOR/MESSENGER: WORKSHOP REF NO: 2023/372
SALARY : R147 036 per annum
CENTRE Durban Regional Office
- A Senior Certificate / Grade 12 certificate.
- Relevant driving experience.
- Valid driver’s license Code 10/ C 1 or above.
- Valid Professional Driving Permit(PDP),
- Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS) Act,
- Technical skills,
- ability to maintain integrity of confidential information and professionalism,
- ability to prioritize,
- basic communication (verbal and written),
- basic numeracy,
- basic computer literacy,
- interpersonal relations.
DRIVER OPERATOR/MESSENGER DUTIES :
- Perform driver/operator related services,
- drive departmental officials, clients and visitors as may be requested,
- transport mail and documents for distribution,
- complete transport schedule regarding trips travelled.
- Render auxiliary administrative support as required,
- supports the security profile of the office,
- support Workshop related activities.
- Perform general messenger and delivery service,
- collect post, parcels material, documentation and deliver to
- ensure proper control over the movement of documents and face value documents,
- make copies of documents, scan/ email documents, collect office consumables and material.
ENQUIRIES : Mr MM Zuma, Tel: (072) 406 5212
APPLICATIONS : Durban Regional Office Applications: The Regional Manager, Department of
Public Works, Private Bag X54315, Durban, 4000. Hand Deliver at Corner Dr
Pixley Kasem and Samora Machel Streets Durban. For Attention: Ms NS
CLOSING DATE : 15 September 2023 at 16H00
NOTE : Kindly take note that with effect from 01 January 2021, DPSA approved the new Z83 Application Form (obtainable from any Public Service department); applicants are requested to use the new application form and the Z83 form must be signed when submitted as failure to do so will result in their application being disqualified. With regard to completion of new Z83 form, part A and B
must be fully filled, Part C on method of correspondence and contact details must be fully filled, two questions relating to condition that prevent reappointment under part F must be fully answered. Page 1 must be initialed, failure to comply, applicants will be disqualified. To streamline the recruitment process to be more responsive to the public, as well as to create more protective measures during the pandemic by avoiding over crowding and curb the costs incurred by applicants such measures should include the following regarding certification: Please not note that applicants are not required to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on application but must submit the Z83 and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. www.dpsa.gov.za/dpsa2g/vacancies.asp