Salary Level: R125,373 to R145,270 per annum (Level 2)
Reference Number: HRMC 56/23/14
Centre: Gauteng: Large Office: Randfontein
- ABET qualification
- Knowledge of using various cleaning equipment and products
- Basic knowledge of general hygiene practices
- Knowledge of facility layout
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Proven client focus and orientation
- Interpersonal and service hygiene skills
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime when required
The Groundsman’s responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and cleaning premises and surroundings
- Emptying dirt bins
- Maintaining the garden
- Watering the garden
- Pruning and trimming flowers and trees
- Mowing the grass
- Removing weeds and garden refuse
- Applying insecticides
- Cultivating the soil for trees and flowers
- Cleaning passages, kitchens, and stairs
- Maintaining gardening equipment
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of gardening equipment and tools
- Reporting minor defects of gardening equipment and tools
For inquiries, contact Mr. P Mlangeni in Gauteng at Tel No: (011) 242 9039.
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your application to the Department of Home Affairs Office at the following addresses:
- Free State:
- Postal Address: P.O Box 12262, Brandhof 9324
- Physical Address: 40 Victoria Street, Willows Bloemfontein 9301
- Postal Address: Private Bag X108, Braamfontein, 2017
- Physical Address: 3rd Floor, Mineralia Building, Cnr De Beer and De Korte Street, Braamfontein, 2017
- Postal Address: Private Bag X 09, Pietermaritzburg 3209
- Physical address: 181 Church Street, Pietermaritzburg 3209
- Postal Address: Private Bag X 9517, Polokwane, 0700
- Physical Address: 89 Biccard Street, Polokwane, 0699
- North West:
- Postal Address: Private Bag X 119, Mmabatho, 2735
- Physical Address: Cnr Sheppard and Carrington Street, Mafikeng, 2745
- Western Cape:
- Postal Address: Private Bag X 9103, Cape Town, 8000
- Physical Address: 4th Floor FairCape Building, 56 Barrack Street, Cape Town, 8000
Directions to Applicants
Closing Date: 8 September 2023
- Applications must be sent to the correct address specified at the bottom of the last position, on or before the closing date.
- Applicants must submit their applications on the New Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable at www.gov.za.
- Ensure that you fully complete parts A, B, C, D, and F of the New Z83 application form.
- Your application should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV that includes:
- Start and end dates (dd/mm/yyyy) of each employment period.
- Detailed duties for each employment period.
- Details of at least two contactable employment references (as recent as possible).
- Shortlisted candidates will need to submit the following documents on or before the day of the interview:
- Copy of their ID document.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Relevant highest educational qualifications.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must submit evaluated results from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Preference, where applicable, may be given to:
- Unemployed youth/graduates.
- Those who have successfully completed skills development programmes.
- Candidates who satisfy the inherent requirements of the post and reside close to the office location.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through an interview and technical assessment(s).
- The technical assessment(s) will assess the candidates’ demonstrated professional and technical competency against the job requirements and duties.
- Candidates potentially suitable after the interview and technical test(s) will undergo employment suitability checks, including credit, criminal, citizenship, employment references, and qualification verifications.
Appointment: Appointed persons will be required to:
- Serve a prescribed probation period.
- Obtain security clearance appropriate to the post within the prescribed timeframe.