Messenger – Workshop
Job Advertisement: Messenger – Workshop
Ref No: 2023/330
Salary: R125 373 per annum
Centre: Cape Town Regional Office
- Senior Certificate/Grade 12 with relevant messenger experience.
- Valid Driver’s License with PDP.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Time management skills.
- Ability to plan work processes.
- Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff, and external clients.
- Effectively work in a professional team environment.
- Familiarity with Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) 85 of 1993.
As a Messenger in the Workshop, your responsibilities will include:
- Collecting and distributing circulars, correspondence, packages, files, and documents.
- Collecting and delivering mail to and from the Post Office.
- Sorting and distributing mail to line functionaries and relevant officials within the Department and external clients.
- Collecting and distributing mail to and from other Departments/External clients and obtaining signatures from recipients.
- Ensuring timely collection of all mails/documents/parcels from the Registry according to schedule.
- Engaging in a significant amount of walking during daily tasks.
- Demonstrating reliability, self-discipline, and a sense of ownership in tasks.
- Assisting with administrative duties as requested by the supervisor.
For inquiries, you can contact the following individuals:
- Mr. M Stephens at Tel No: (021) 402 2334
- Mr. M Gazi at Tel No: (021) 402 2185
Submit your application to the Cape Town Regional Office:
- By mail to The Regional Manager, Department of Public Works, Private Bag X9027, Cape Town, 8000.
- Hand deliver at Ground floor, Customs House, Lower Heerengracht Street, Cape Town.
Address your application to Ms. C Rossouw.