Technician in Training
Sappi Southern Africa
Technician in Training – Mechanical (P11)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centered around safety, integrity, courage, and making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Technician in Training – Mechanical to complete a Technician in Training programme and to assist technicians by performing various project work, maintenance tasks, technical investigations and management tasks.
As an Technician in Training – Mechanical, you will be responsible for:
- Complete the training and development as per the Technician in Training (TIT) programme
- Complete administrative training required for technicians
- Complete practical needed generic training for technicians
- Complete plant-specific equipment exposure and training as per discipline requirements
- Work with and assist the assigned area and section Engineer/s, Technician/s with day-to-day tasks, projects, and associated work
- Act as a Maintenance Support/Foreman/Superintendent for a period as per the job profile for Technicians in Training
- Act as a Shift Foreman for a period as per the job profile for Technicians in Training
- Commit to a training programme for 2 years
What are we looking for?
- A Trade Test Certificate in one of the following trades:
- Fitting & Turning
- NQF level 6 National Diploma – N6/S4 in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 Years post apprentice experience
- Valid driving license
Closing Date: 22 September 2023
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below if you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.